The Department of Internal Medicine at Prakriya Hospitals, is dedicated to excellence in patient care and education.
Our physicians provide evidence-based medicine and management of ailments is done as per internationally accepted protocols that lead to improved health outcomes. Internal medicine not only provides curative care but also preventive care and education through outpatient clinics and comprehensive health checks. The consultants are specially skilled in the management of those who have multiple ailments, geriatric or elderly patients and multi-system disorders where coordination of care between several specialists is imperative.
The department of internal medicine at Prakriya Hospitals, focuses on educating and treating patients regarding common lifestyle diseases like diabetes and hypertension. The department is also actively engaged in promoting preventive health care among the community and corporate by participating in clinics and health talks.
Internal medicine or general internal medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of internal diseases. Physicians specializing in internal medicine are called internists, or physicians in Commonwealth nations.
Treatments and Procedures
- Disease risk assessment, investigations and management
- Treatment of acute and chronic illnesses like digestive disorders asthma, pneumonia, and other lung disorders.
- Treatment of communicable diseases like tuberculosis, typhoid, and gastroenteritis enteritis
- Common ailments like sore throat, cold and flu, headaches, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies, and hepatitis
- Medical management of chronic diseases like obesity, metabolic syndrome, lipid disorders
- Management of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Medical management of geriatric patients
- Health checks for adults, including high-risk groups like diabetics
- Pre-operative assessment and management of patients undergoing surgery